Tasha Miner, M.M., B.m.
My passion has always been to share my love of music, chamber music, and orchestra with others. It was always my goal to teach, and it is my greatest honor to be trusted by parents and students to do so in a kind, motivating, inspirational way.
- Began playing violin at the age of 11, in 5th grade with my school orchestra.
- Was quickly told to seek private instruction due to aptitude.
- Participated in Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp for 2 summers.
- Participated at Interlochen Summer Camp for 2 summers, concertmaster in 2004.
- Played in the Symphony, Chamber, and Contemporary String Ensembles in High School.
- Accepted via audition to the Honors Orchestra district programs 2000-2004.
- Concertmaster 2003-2004, 2007-2008. Otherwise, often a section leader.
- Frequently featured as a soloist, particularly with celtic fiddle.
- Mentored the freshman Concert Orchestra in High School.
- Began studying Music Theory in high school.
- Also sang in choirs at church and school.
- Double majored in Music Performance and Music Education as an undergrad.
- Studied violin with Myra Drean, Martha Windscheif, Prof. Daniel Foster, and Gabe Bolkosky.
- Studied viola with Prof. Eva Stern
- Graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Music Performance in 2008, double majored in Music Education.
- Graduated with my Master's Degree in Music Performance, having also studied viola, in 2010.
- I was the chairman for one of the MTAC's annual junior competitions before deciding to join other organizations. I have successfully prepared students to take the Certificate of Merit (CM) exam.
- I am now an award-winning Royal Conservatory Exam teacher.
- Mainari Music School - Violin & Viola Private Lessons. 2002-Present
- Violin & Substitute Viola Coach & Assistant Conductor for the Community Youth Orchestra of Southern California (CYOSC) 2010-Present
- Assistant Orchestra Director to St. Margaret's Episcopal School. 2012-2013 school year
- McCourt's School of Music in Waterford, MI. 2006-2010
- Eastern Michigan University - Orchestra Graduate Assistant. 2008-2010
- Schaeffer's House of Music in Howell, MI. 2007-2009
- Director of Beginning and Intermediate Orchestras for Oakland Homeschool Music, Inc. (OHMI) in Waterford, MI. 2005-2006
- Orchestra mentor in high school. 2003-2004
- Saddleback Master Chorale
- Community Youth Orchestra of Southern California
- Eastern Michigan University's Symphony Orchestra 2004-2010, concertmaster 2007-2008.
- Eastern Michigan University's Collegium Musicum 2007-2008
- Undergraduate and graduate degree solo recital programs 2007, 2008, and 2010.
- Frequently performs in chamber ensembles for weddings and other gigs
- Waterford Kettering High School Orchestras: Symphony, Chamber, and Contemporary Strings Ensemble. 2000-2004
- National Performances:
- Disney World, Florida - High School Symphony Orchestra Champions, featured as a soloist. 2003
- Toured Williamsburg, Virginia with High School Symphony Orchestra, featured as a soloist. 2002
- Toured southern Michigan with the Eastern Michigan University Symphony Orchestra
- All division 1 ratings (highest possible rating) for Solo & Ensemble Competition Festival performances as a soloist from 1998 - 2004.
- All division 1 and 2 ratings for Solo & Ensemble Competition Festival performances in a quartet chamber ensemble from 2000-2004.
- First student from Waterford School District invited to the Michigan Youth Arts Festival (MYAF) in 2004.
- Began playing violin in 5th grade, first generation of string players in my school district at that grade and second generation for the city.